Frusion and Fizzion UK and EU countries work permit/visa advice and services

(For the UK Ian is a registered sponsor for CoS) (Certificates of Sponsorship)
We can supply CoS for ANY AND ALL non UK citizens working in the creative arts

Since the UK has left the EU we of course have extra barriers to perform in either place, we are here to make that much easier than it might be.

If you are an EU creative arts worker, (or non visa nationals from another country USA/Japan etc.) as a registered sponsor we can issue a Certificate of Sponsorship which allows legal access to the UK for performances/creative work (including tech support workers including VJ/Sound techs/Producers/Tour managers and in most cases is cheaper than any other route. Plus we also issue to support in some situations a full Tier 5 Creative visa for extended work in the UK for all third country nationals .. ask for details!
PLEASE NOTE a CoS can be single entry OR multiple entry - ask us as your Sponsor if you need multiple entry.
Fees for this service are available on request, email or call +44 7791699889

We can also advise on EU work permit requirements/Carnets and other necessary documentation to tour in any EU country within the Schengen area and also to an extent beyond those borders. An excellent general resource Ian set up in 2020 and had colleagues join him is a very well respected fact check website for all post Brexit requirements for anyone involved in the creative arts (Anywhere)

EU citizens will be treated as third country nationals and we now know that for visits for up to 90 days a simple CoS (Certificate of Sponsorship) is enough for entry to the UK!

Upon entry to the UK the artists in question MUST present themselves to an immigration official, NOT through the E gates, and present a CoS, plus evidence of being able to support yourself (if your sponsor has not confirmed they will support you) whilst in the country, plus get their passport stamped. If you do not have your passport stamped, you may be considered to be working illegally in the UK and will risk deportation.

Please note these two essential extracts from the webpage (link above)

Temporary Worker - Creative and Sporting visa (T5) concession
You can enter the UK without applying for a visa in advance if you:

  • have a valid Temporary Worker - Creative and Sporting visa (T5) Certificate of Sponsorship
  • are coming to work in the UK for 3 months or less
  • do not normally need a visa to enter the UK as a visitor

You must still meet the Temporary Worker - Creative and Sporting visa (T5) eligibility criteria.
Money to support yourself
You must have at least £1,270 in your bank account to show you can support yourself in the UK.
You will need to have had the money available for at least 28 days in a row. Day 28 must be within 31 days of applying for this visa.
You'll usually need to show proof of this when you apply, unless either:

  • you've been in the UK with a valid visa for at least 12 months
  • your employer can cover your costs during your first month in the UK, up to £1,270 any COS issuer can confirm this at the time of issuing your COS.

PLEASE NOTE a CoS can be single entry OR multiple entry - ask us as your Sponsor if you need multiple entry.

Please note also if you wish to come into the UK for work for a longer time than 90 days as a third country national then the route is via the Tier 5 creative and Sporting visa which requires both a CoS and an additional payment. Information on this can be supplied on demand and we can supply your Certificate of Sponsorship and advice on applying for this Visa type. (NOTE you do not need this visa type unless expecting to work for extended periods of time beyond 90 days.

Details and reference link to gov website here:

NOTE: You can also enter the UK through the Permitted Paid Engagement route - also known as PPE. A CoS is not required for this but in order to be eligible you need to be recognised as an expert in your field. You can only work for one month. A number of UK Festivals and Prime Venues operate this option but can be risky , we thus always recommend you obtain a CoS (though not required for this Visa) this shows you have a UK based sponsor willing to vouch for you and your stay and will be available as we are if you have problems at the UK border.